In the latest example of global authorities going after Terraform Labs, the organization’s co-founder, Do Kwon, will reportedly be investigated for tax evasion in South Korea.
- According to local reports, prosecutors carried out a search and seizure from the Seoul Regional Tax Office and were able to secure data from a special investigation by the National Tax Service on Kwon.
- The Terraform Labs chief is accused of funneling gains from the business to overseas tax havens to avoid paying taxes in Korea.
- Kwon is also accused of gifting tokens to family members as a way of tax avoidance. These asset gifts were reportedly used to purchase apartments.
- These tax-related investigations are the latest regulatory troubles for Kwon since the implosion of the Terra ecosystem, including the luna (LUNA) and TerraUSD (UST), crashes.
- Meanwhile, back in May, Kwon said that Terraform Labs did not owe taxes after the South Korean government slapped the company and its executives with a $78 million tax fine.
- Do Kwon and Terraform Labs are under investigation in the United States as well and have been ordered to comply with a subpoena issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- As recently reported by CryptoPotato, Do Kwon refuted allegations stating that he cashed out $2.7 billion months before UST depegged from the dollar.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
DeFi continues to shake up the crypto world. GameFi is revolutionizing traditional gaming.…